Sunday, August 14, 2022
To assist users in navigating the new site, the Ohio Industrial Commission has created a Website Crosswalk. The document lists the most visited areas, such as ICON, IC Reports, and the Appeals Process, and
gives directions on where to find those areas now.
It’s Here! New Ohio Industrial Commission Website Promises a Modern, User-Friendly Experience
Less clutter. Clearer content.
That’s what Ohio’s injured workers and employers will find when they visit the Ohio Industrial Commission’s newly-launched website.
“With a tremendous team effort, I am pleased to announce the launch of our new website,” Chairman Jim Hughes said. “The new website provides Ohio with a modernized and user-friendly experience. I want to thank those involved in the completion of this project, and welcome citizens to benefit from this updated online resource.”
The new website has several user-friendly enhancements:
- The new help area contains frequently asked questions, factsheets and other helpful content in one area rather than scattered throughout the site.
- A new navigation bar at the top of the page focuses on a user’s ability to find information quickly.
- Navigation cards make it easier to find information by providing visual cues to the user.
- The new “How can we help you today?” section is located on the front page to immediately assist first-time visitors.
- The news banner is appealing and eye-catching, which allows users to see important announcements immediately.
- News stories and updates are cleanly organized by year.
- The homepage features an optional emergency banner that allows the agency to communicate office closings or application outages more effectively.
- The redesign of the Industrial Commission Online Network (ICON) will take place during phase two of the project.
The new Ohio Industrial Commission website is also ADA-compliant and mobile friendly. All of the webpages present themselves
effectivity on a multitude of devices.
“Because all of the State of Ohio websites have a similar look and navigation, our new website offers our customers a simple and streamlined experience,” Director of Communications Adam Gibbs said. “It’s a customer-centric, modern and approachable website where visitors won’t be scrolling forever to find information.”