Tuesday, November 6, 2018
The Ohio Industrial Commission is Currently Reviewing 13 of its Administrative Rules
The following information is being provided pursuant to the requirements of Executive Order 2011-01K and Senate Bill 2 of the 129th General Assembly, which requires state agencies,
including the Ohio Industrial Commission, to draft rules in collaboration with stakeholders, assess and justify any adverse impact on the business community (as defined by SB2),
and provide an opportunity for the affected public to provide input on the rules.
The Ohio Industrial Commission is conducting its 2019 five-year rule review of the following rules: 4121-2-01, 4121-2-02, 4121-3-12, 4121-3-20, 4121-15-01, 4121-15-02, 4121-15-03, 4121-15-04, 4121-15-05, 4121-15-06, 4121-15-07, 4121-15-08, and 4121-15-09.
As part of this review, the agency has initially determined that 4121-2-01, 4121-3-12, 4121-3-20, 4121-15-01, 4121-15-02, 4121-15-03, 4121-15-04, 4121-15-07, 4121-15-08, and 4121-15-09 should be amended to reflect changes in the subject area affected by the rules and the concerns raised by its stakeholders. The agency has determined that the remaining rules under review need not be changed at this time.
The Ohio Industrial Commission welcomes comments regarding the proposed changes to 4121-2-01, 4121-3-12, 4121-3-20, 4121-15-01, 4121-15-02, 4121-15-03, 4121-15-04, 4121-15-07, 4121-15-08, and 4121-15-09, as well as the initial determination to file the remaining rules as “no change.”
The Commission is proposing the following rule actions (To view the proposed rules click on the PDF links below.):
- 4121-2-01 Standards of practice for attorneys, agents and representatives of claimants or employers - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-2-02 Suspension from practice - Proposed No Change
- 4121-3-12 Suspension of the processing of claims - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-3-20 Additional awards by reason of violations of specific safety requirements - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-01 Code of ethics, title and rules covering - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-02 Policy - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-03 Standards of conduct - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-04 Posting, distribution and employee acknowledgement and receipt - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-05 Purpose; eliminating outside influence; producing impartiality in handling of claims and employer risk accounts and avoiding favoritism - Proposed No Change
- 4121-15-06 Furnishing employees’ code of ethics and rules on improper influence to representatives - Proposed No Change
- 4121-15-07 Representatives’ responsibility relative to employees' code of ethics - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-08 Remedial action against persons exercising improper influence and engaging in favoritism - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-15-09 Prohibition against unnecessary claim file possession - Proposed Amendment
If you wish to comment on any of the aforementioned proposed rule actions, please reply to the Commission at email@example.com by December 1, 2018.