Wednesday, November 1, 2017
The Industrial Commission is Currently Reviewing Five of its Administrative Rules
The following information is being provided pursuant to the requirements of Executive Order 2011-01K and Senate Bill 2 of the 129th General Assembly, which requires state agencies,
including the Ohio Industrial Commission, to draft rules in collaboration with stakeholders, assess and justify any adverse impact on the business community (as defined by SB2), and
provide an opportunity for the affected public to provide input on the rules.
The Ohio Industrial Commission is conducting its 2018 five-year rule review of the following rules: 4121-1-01, 4121-1-02, 4121-1-03, 4121-3-01, and 4121-17-07.
As part of this review, the agency has initially determined that 4121-1-02 and 4121-1-03 should be amended to reflect changes in the subject area affected by the rules and the concerns raised by its stakeholders. The agency has determined that the remaining rules under review need not be changed at this time.
The Ohio Industrial Commission welcomes comments regarding the proposed changes to 4121-1-02 and 4121-1-03, as well as the initial determination to file the remaining rules as “no change.”
The Commission is proposing the following rule actions (To view the proposed rules click on the PDF links below.):
- 4121-1-01 Notice procedure for the adoption, amendment or rescission of rules - Proposed No Change
- 4121-1-02 Notice of public meetings - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-1-03 Non-adjudicatory meetings of the industrial commission - Proposed Amendment
- 4121-3-01 Office locations, office hours, and scope of rules - Proposed No Change
- 4121-17-07 Filing of bills - Proposed No Change
If you wish to comment on any of the aforementioned proposed rule actions, please reply to the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2017.