Interpretive Services

What are Interpretive Services?

At no charge to the injured worker, the Industrial Commission will provide interpretive services to injured workers who are hearing impaired or who require a foreign language interpreter at hearings and medical examinations.

How do I make arrangements for these services?

To make arrangements for a foreign language interpreter or a hearing-impaired service, a request for service must be filled out prior to each hearing. The request is available for submission through ICON or you may download and save a copy of the Interpretive Service Request form by visiting the Forms page.

If you choose to use the Interpretive Services Request Form, it should be completed in full and faxed to the customer service office in Columbus at 614-728-7004.

If you have questions regarding these services, please contact our customer service office at 1-800-521-2691.